Khrist Raja Sec School
The humble beginning of the Hindi medium co-educational Khrist Raja School, began in the church compound in close proximity to the Bishop’s house and the Cathedral of the Sacred Heart. Mrs. Rosy Romy a pioneer teacher tells the simple story. In the mid forties, Rev Fr. Agnellius an English Capuchin, Parish Priest of Paharganj, charged with zeal of bringing the Good News to the children of poor families, imparted what they needed most – a basic Christian education. A hutment or shed was chosen for the first pupils.
In July 1948, Rev Fr. Jerome Murphy OFM Cap. became the Principal and he was then replaced by Rev Fr. Lawrence O.F.M. Cap. In 1961 the Congregation of the Religious of Jesus and Mary took over this parish school at the request of His Grace, the Most Rev. Joseph Alexender Fernandes, Archbishop of Delhi. It was then placed under the capable leadership of Mother Joan Switzer R.J.M. under the powerful protection of Khrist Raja(Christ the King) and was known as “Khrist Raja School”, with Mother Joan, its first Principal Sister took a keen interest in everything pertaining to the lives of her little ones in Khrist Raja School.